Removing the Myths -
Why your Horse will love our bedding.
HiPoint focused on four elements to produce the most sustainable horse bedding in the world.
- Dust-free bedding - better for lungs, horse cough, and the barn environment
- Hypoallergenic - anti-bacterial, safe for all, protecting horse health
- High absorption - less smell, less runoff
- Horse comfort. - see your horse relax, lie down, or simply enjoy our bedding
- We clean the bedding under heat, steam, and infusion making, what we think, a much better bedding than regular bedding.
- The natural infusion has undergone monographs and verified safe by VHP international standards to allow for some terrific benefits. - We use the N4L* base compound infused into our bedding to protect the horse and rider under a proprietary microfuzed process.
- Fewer critters in your barn - Our infusion base compound repel mice, snakes & flies so your barn is safer & cleaner, being less spooky to the horses. For our love of all things - it does not hurt the critters - just repels them not to come close.
- Better Breathing - Our infusion base compound was designed to help open the pathways, and help colic and digestion. University trials showed the horses having more open lung pathways - see more on that below.
- More Healing - It helps with pain and protects, proven to heal hoof rot, hives, and muscle strains.
- Horse Comfort - We found less ammonia smell in the barn, horses laid down in their stall, reduced hoof-rot, and better horse comfort for horses bedded on our HiPoint performance bedding.
- Size & Color - Whatever comes out of the stall, plus some fresh bedding locally purchased goes back into our process - so whatever goes in comes out. Large flakes in - Large Flakes out - White shavings in / White shavings out. You get the idea.
* N4L has bottled the base compound and given each product a 'kick' to address the core issue specifically, for those times when a little extra is needed. Read more here
Do we give up anything to give you reusable bedding?
Through the cleaning heating and separation process and the fact it comes from the stall, your bedding will be a few shades of off-white. Due to the fact we process everything, you see some darker wood chips from the heating process, and sometimes some inert macro-heated and infused hay strands get through - don't worry, the horse won't eat them. But they will love our bedding. Finally, we prefer to give you mixed-size shaving to improve absorbency - however, our super screens can offer our customers only large flakes. - Let your horse decide. We can produce both - on-demand - locally repurposed - and locally used again and again.
HiPoint Performance Horse Bedding
HiPoint Performance Shavings are restored through this recycling process and bagged after being dried, pasteurized, dust-extracted, and naturally infused with an anti-bacterial, antiviral proprietary compound before being sold back to the original farms. HiPoint produces a premium quality hypo-allergenic product not comparable to any product on the market that will promote improved health for both horses and humans.
"The most advanced sustainable horse bedding in the world"
A Host of Benefits
- performance and Premium quality Hypoallergenic Dust-Free horse shavings
- anti-microbial, Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial bagged bedding for horse and barn health
- healthier barn environment with low to no dust, less ammonia and fewer critters in the stalls
- safer product: bedding is heat pasteurized for an inert hypo-allergenic dust-free product
- healthier environmental green alternative to waste is good for industry manure management plans
- a high absorbent rate for urine capture.
- a reliable quality bedding supply on demand
- our light compression packaging decreases the time it takes to charge the stall
- offers better farmhand efficiency
- easy coverage improves time each day to charge and clean stalls
- saves on operational and labor costs at the farms
- can decrease vet bills
- economically viable - a lower price than shipping and buying new shavings
- reduces manure disposal costs and the need for onsite equipment
Testing moisture of pine shavings on the left (low absorption) and HiPoint mixed wood performance shavings right (high absorption)- you can also see the absorption has increased after our Process - from a brand new bagged mixed wood shaving in the middle (low absorption)
Using the HPAB Process, HiPoint Agro Bedding Corp, recycles equine stall residuals naturally, without the use of chemicals or polymers, through a six-step process of multi-stage separation, drying, pasteurization, infusion, and bagging.
After placing one cubic foot of the bedding types on the ground (concrete) and treading turning and laying on the bedding the Performance recycled shavings horse bedding from HiPoint held up better with good movement and no holes.
Due to our careful patented process, our bedding goes through we then tracked back with a bag of shavings that were not in a stall. We found the recycled; sustainable bedding had the same depth (and in our tests a little more) than the original. Proving that we can use shavings, trampled by horses, used overnight, clean out, and brought to us to be re-purposed did not affect the quality and performance and coverage in a stall.
one cubic foot of three bedding types tested
HiPoint integrated technology produces high grade clean, antibacterial, competitively priced recycled bedding for equestrian facilities, showgrounds, and racetracks in the heart of equestrian regions.
Bedding Benefits Chart
|Characteristics of bedding|
|Type||HiPoint Bedding||Kiln Dried Premium||Std. Pine flakes||Mixed wood||Mixed sawdust||Bulk|
|Wood Supply from:||Recycled||Tree and/or mill ends||Direct from tree||Tree and mill ends||From mill ends||From mill ends|
|General Size of shavings||Based on supply||Based on supply||Large||Medium||Small||Small to Medium|
|Color||off white hue||generally white||white||red hint||yellow||white to yellow|
|Competitive Price||$5- $6 regional||$6+ average premium||$5-$6 average||$6 average||$5 average||$70/ton average|
|General Moisture content||<12%||15%||20%||25%||> 25%||>30%|
|Density Average weight of shavings||4-6%||5%||5%||7%||12%||14%|
|Bag weight||27 lbs.||27 lbs.||30 lbs.||35 lbs.||40 lbs.||N/A|
|Bag size||3.3 Cubic Ft||3.1 Cubic Ft||3.1 cubic Ft||3.3 Cubic Ft||2.5 Cubic Ft||N/A|
|Compressed Liters in bag||100||85||85||94||70||N/A|
|Uncompressed (density x weight) Cubic Ft.||6.25||6||6||6||5||N/A|
|Fluffiness ( due to shape, size, moisture & compression)||medium||high||high||medium||low||low|
|Mold / yeast pathogens bacteria in bedding||virtually none||virtually none||medium||medium||high||high|
|Removes any sharp wood ends bark or other paraphernalia||Yes||Maybe||Maybe||No||No||No|
|A high absorbent rate for urine capture.||high||high||medium||medium||high||high|
|Used by equine influencers||Yes||Yes||Yes||Sometimes||No||No|
|Benefits of using recycled bedding via the HPAB process ©|
|Safer product: bedding is heat pasteurized for an inert hypo-allergenic||Yes||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Healthier for the environment plus healthier for horse and rider||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Anti-microbial, Anti-viral, Anti-bacterial, Anti-Mold||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Healthier barn environment with no dust, less ammonia, and deters rodents||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Eco–friendly 100% natural infusion technique help the health of horses||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Lowers the black fly population which can reduce equine disease.**||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Can improve RAO in horses ** ref University of Guelph study||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Infused bedding can decrease vet bills.||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Horse that did not lie down started to lie down in trials||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Healthier environmental green alternative (help manure management)||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Protects our environment waterways and planet||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Protecting forests and deforestation||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Reduce algae blooms in water||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Reduces nutrient runoff, leaching, and off-gassing in process||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Reduce emissions from truck transportation to Farm||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|A reliable quality bedding supply on demand in region||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Lower compression coverage improves ease of filling barn||Yes||No||No||No||No||Yes|
|Optimizes the full value of stall residual waste.||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Creates more local jobs in the heart of equestrian regions||Yes||No||No||No||No||No|
|Low emission process to produce bedding||Yes||unknown||unknown||unknown||unknown||unknown|
|* when stored outside to elements|